Banana Almond Muffins
4 very ripe bananas
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 tbsp of greek yogurt
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tbsp whiskey (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup of light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup almond slivers (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare the muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas, leaving it chunky. Add the egg and yogurt and whisk to blend.
3. Next, add the melted butter, whiskey, and vanilla extract and whisk to blend. Then add the sugar, baking soda, and salt, and whisk until incorporated.
4. Sift in the flour and add the almond meal. Gently fold batter together. Do not over mix.
5. Fill muffin pan cups with batter 3/4 full and top with almond slivers.
6. Bake on middle rack for 18-20 minutes or until muffins spring back when gently pressed.
7. Rotate pan half way through baking. Let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Enjoy!
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 cup shelled pistachios
1 tablespoon kosher salt plus extra for pasta water
1½ pounds medium tube-shaped pasta (such as maccheroni or penne)
1 large head broccoli, stems trimmed
2 garlic cloves
Juice and zest of 1 Meyer lemon (or zest of 1 regular lemon with 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon orange juice)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
½ cup mint leaves
1½ cups extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup finely grated Pepato or Pecorino Romano cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
Fennel pollen (optional)